American Society of Safety Professionals
We Listened To You
We knew your feedback would be crucial to shaping our new direction. So we conducted both quantitative and qualitative research to get the full story.
We assessed members’ attitudes toward ASSE, uncovering these challenges:
- Lack of brand consistency
- Lack of one global brand
- Difficulty attracting and retaining young professionals
- The need to increase awareness and recognition beyond members to industry leaders and business
- The desire to deepen relationships with current members
Using your feedback, we embarked on freshening our brand identity
- Evolving our name—making it more inclusive, since only 3% of current members hold a Professional Engineer (P.E.) credential; deepening our relationship with current members; and expanding beyond membership
- Evolving our logo—creating one global brand to speak to all members
- Creating a tagline—capturing our brand essence and resonating with members and future members
Overall, the research was viewed as a signal of our dedication to moving forward with a clear vision as well as of our understanding of the need to be relevant to future OSH professionals.
Thomas F. Cecich, CSP, CIH
This makes me excited to be a member and will better communicate to others what my society is.